Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gracelovespixie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I’m looking for the best energy saving heater for a 28gallon tank that will have guppies in. Any suggestions ?

What if any other fish will be in the tank?

What kind of Guppies are these?

Depending upon the changes of temperature maintained in your home, you might just be able to have the temp in the home keep them for the most part. 70-80F If you get a heater, you could set it at a minimum temp say 68F or less for some which are not a highly bred special/delicate strain, and it might only come on once in a while, because of the temp maintained in the home.

If you are doing semi to serious breeding, then a heater will be a benefit. My grandpa had Guppies, perhaps mixed with Endlers, (I was too young to know for sure) living in a stock water tank and it would get very cold at night and winter. No heater. Maybe 40-45F low.

In no way am I suggesting endangering fancy Guppies lives. Just monitoring /knowing your temps.

A heater which is adjustable would be my recommendation, so you could set it for a min. temp. It would only use electricity when it was too cold, and therefore not be on all of the time/as often, like a 78F preset variety.

What if any other fish will be in the tank?

What kind of Guppies are these?

Depending upon the changes of temperature maintained in your home, you might just be able to have the temp in the home keep them for the most part. 70-80F If you get a heater, you could set it at a minimum temp say 68F or less for some which are not a highly bred special/delicate strain, and it might only come on once in a while, because of the temp maintained in the home.

If you are doing semi to serious breeding, then a heater will be a benefit. My grandpa had Guppies, perhaps mixed with Endlers, (I was too young to know for sure) living in a stock water tank and it would get very cold at night and winter. No heater. Maybe 40-45F low.

In no way am I suggesting endangering fancy Guppies lives. Just monitoring /knowing your temps.

A heater which is adjustable would be my recommendation, so you could set it for a min. temp. It would only use electricity when it was too cold, and therefore not be on all of the time/as often, like a 78F preset variety.

Thank you so much for your advice. I will definitely do that what heater do you recommend ? I’m leaning more towards a 50w.

Back
Top Bottom