Heater help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I just set up my 150 gallon. In it I put two Aqueon Pro 250's. Hearing horror stories about heaters malfunctioning I decided to go on and buy a heater controller, a Finnex digital heater controller. It was all working fine, the heaters are set at 84, the controller at 78 and the tank stayed a constant 77.8-78 degrees. However I just noticed that the LED lights on the heaters are kind of blinking, dimming as if power is being cut from them. They're both plugged into the Finnex using an extension cord that has multiple outlets, I checked and unplugged them and plugged them in individually to a regular outlet and they were fine. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It may be the controller flickering as its coming on or turning off. I have a heater that does that as its coming on.

I'm such an idiot. I was just messing with it and noticed I didn't have the extension cord plugged into the heater controller all the way. Problem solved.

I'm such an idiot. I was just messing with it and noticed I didn't have the extension cord plugged into the heater controller all the way. Problem solved.

That too will do it

Back
Top Bottom