Heater problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaredjb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got the aqueon 29gallon deluxe kit. On the heater that came with it(all glass AGA100) the light comes on for a few seconds and then turns off for a few seconds. The only time it stays on longer is when I have it turned all the way up. Is this normal? I left it running in the middle position like the instructions said(which is supposed to be 75-79f) but it barely got to 70. I adjusted it up and let it sit. The highest Ive been able to get it is 72f(about half way between middle setting and max). Did I get a defective heater? any recommendations for a replacement?

Sounds like a faulty thermostat. Take it back to the shop and get it exchanged.

Did you leave it in the tank unplugged for a while before plugging it in.? They need to adjust to the water temp, before plugging them in.

I did wait before plugging it in. I returned it and they gave me marina 100w. It works good. Has a little trouble getting the temp up. I think that's because of the cold weather we are starting to get. I'm thinking about getting a 200w for the winter

I bought an aqueon pro 200w and it works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom