Heating 180 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chev13696

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’m setting up a 180 gal freshwater aquarium for a stingray and I fully understand I will need to upgrade to a larger tank in 3-5 years but I am looking for heating recommendations for the aquarium. I am running a fluval fx6 canister filter. I’m open to inline heaters or submersible heater but needs to be stingray safe. I’ve had the fluval e300 watt heaters in the past on my 125gal but would like to try and keep as much stuff out of the tank as possible for the ray.

I’m setting up a 180 gal freshwater aquarium for a stingray and I fully understand I will need to upgrade to a larger tank in 3-5 years but I am looking for heating recommendations for the aquarium. I am running a fluval fx6 canister filter. I’m open to inline heaters or submersible heater but needs to be stingray safe. I’ve had the fluval e300 watt heaters in the past on my 125gal but would like to try and keep as much stuff out of the tank as possible for the ray.

I don’t personally have experience in this area... but, correct me if I’m wrong, thatKing of DIY guy on YouTube loves his stingrays and he seems to like using regular submersible lower wattage heaters and putting them in his sump filters to more efficiently heat the tank. Seems to work well. I remember he had one issue years ago where it malfunctions and his rays died :( I’m sure he figured out how to avoid it now so maybe check out his new stuff?

Back
Top Bottom