Help with Fluval 106, hoses, and lily pipes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I'm getting a rimless tank and instead of following ADA tradition with an Eheim classic, i want to try the Fluval 106 canister. My concern is the black ribbed hosing that comes with the filter. I need some help in choosing hosing, reducers (if needed), understanding ID/OD (inside/outside diameter), and choosing nano lily pipes to fit the canister hosing and look size appropriate on a 6g rimless tank.

I sent an email to Hagen/Fluval and they responsed as follows:

1. Are the black hoses that comes with the 106 interchangable with other hoses? Preferably transparent ones. I don't think the black hoses will look very nice on my setup and I would like to put on some clear hoses... what are the size hoses that I should get if this is possible?

**Answer: The rubber adapter that attaches to the hose is 12 mm, we suggest when buying the hosing to bring along the aqua stop.

I need help understanding which hosing to get and lily pipes that will be compatible with the Fluval 106. I'm thinking of the Cal Aqua Labs 13mm nano lily pipes or some cheaper alternatives from Ebay or Aquatic Magic (9mm or 13mm, don't know what fits)..

Plus i don't know about the response from Hagen.. Is 12 mm aqua stop adapter something that fits over a hose? So does that mean the outer diameter if a hose has to be 12mm? If that's the case, the inside diameter must be 9mm? As you can see, I'm confused.. Help please.

http://greenleafaquariums.com/inflow-outflow-pipes/cal-fluxus-nano.html

Okay i got some more intel from the hagen rep.

"The diameter of the rubber adapter is on the inside and it is 5/8"

Looks like i have to go at it alone.. Perhaps I'll start a journal when my tank and equipment arrive in case anyone ventures along similar ambitions.. LOL

Back
Top Bottom