Help with starting up Eheim 2217

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jm667

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just started up my Eheim 2217 and am having a little problem. First off, I have the installation kits on it, and an inline heater. I have the intake tube a straight shot from the install kit to the canister with no loops in it. The output coming out of the top of the canister makes a loop so the hose is heading back downward through the double tap, and then looped back upward again, through the inline heater, and up to the tank. Just thought I'd mention that in case it makes a difference while purging air.

Anyways, I filled up the intake hose with water, and turned on the pump, and it was working fine. On occasion there were air bubbles as expected, but then after a few minutes it would stop pushing the water out. I disconnected the double tap and let the water flow into a bucket and after spitting out some air it flowed fine, then it would spit more air out. So I am thinking for now, that output hose is too long to get the water up to the top of the tank if there is air trapped in there. Is the air getting trapped in the canister somewhere within the media? I have the canister open filled with water now to see if anything will settle and the air will come out, but thought I'd make a post here in the meantime to see if anyone has any ideas or if I am doing something wrong.

Nevermind this. I figured it out. I had a leak in the O ring on the intake elbow of the install kit. It was sucking in a little air which I didn't notice at first.

Back
Top Bottom