how do i seal a return hose tube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
on my nanocube, the return hose keeps on spewing airbubbles into the tank and ive traced it back to the return hose where it connects to the plastic elbow that returns the filtered water to the tank. i want to seal the hose really bad cuz its getting so annoying with all of the bubbles but i want to be abel to remove the hose if i need to. any help?
TIA!

I suggest either some expoxy or silicone. You can buy window/door silicone instead of a name brand aquarium silicone and it works just the same if not better and it's cheaper. That's what I use and it works fine, I used it to plug up the end of an airstone because I had to cut it to make it shorter, and that's continous air pushing on it and it's held up for a year so far and still strong.

i was thinking of a hose clamp but i dont know if i can fit a wrench in there. and silicon /epoxy would be permanent which i dont want

How about these? Not a traditional clamp, but probably easier to work in your situation and should do the job if you can get some pliers on it.

good idea but i ended up getting it. i took out the whole return, took it apart, put the hose clamp on, reassembled it, and put it back in. cant tell if it worked yet or not cuz the tank is all foggy cuz i was working in the back filtration area that is extremely dirty.

Back
Top Bottom