how to filter tiny particles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0shayne0

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of the little floating particals? Its driving me nuts, please help

What kind of filter do you have?

Polyfil does wonders to give water that extra polish. You can buy it at any arts / craft stores, walmart etc. Just make sure it's 100% polyfil ... no fire retardants etc.

I bought some of that no effect... I have fluval 305 and 204 on a 240L tank

Are you sure they are not microbubbles from somewhere? Polyfill works wonders for me. I've been using it in all my tanks for years.

Im not sure, how would I know if they were and how would I get rid of them?

Are you sure they are not microbubbles from somewhere? Polyfill works wonders for me. I've been using it in all my tanks for years.

+1 with meegosh. Any particles in the water column would be caught in poly-fill. By chance how often do you change the polyfill? I change mine every two weeks and it's amazing how FILTHY they can get in two weeks.

Are these particles only floating on the surface? If so are you running an air-stone?

Could be micro-bubbles that look the particles, especially when you look at it from below the water line with the lights on. I have something similar and I know it's just micro-bubbles.

jcolon said:
+1 with meegosh. Any particles in the water column would be caught in poly-fill. By chance how often do you change the polyfill? I change mine every two weeks and it's amazing how FILTHY they can get in two weeks.

Are these particles only floating on the surface? If so are you running an air-stone?

Could be micro-bubbles that look the particles, especially when you look at it from below the water line with the lights on. I have something

similar and I know it's just micro-bubbles.

I change it every 2 weeks but clean every week.

Yes on surface and in water, im running 2 disc air stones under stand. How can I get rid of these bubbles it doing my head in :(

Back
Top Bottom