I thought I had already asked........ Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christmasfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I looked in my posts, but nope
What would be a perfect filter for a 30 gallon tank filled primarily with anabantids they will be sharing with a few compatible species in a planted tank? There will not be many other fish other than the bettas, and they have to accept optimum betta conditions (80 degrees, planted, neutral ph and slightly acidic. She plans on having blackwater tanks later for her "retirees". The tanks are made with removable flow-through dividers to keep bettas separated, though small tetras, shrimp and snails can still manage to change locations. And are two small bio-wheels on each end better than one large powerful one?
My daughter wants filtration and areation even with plants. She adamant on keeping stable controlled conditions, she even bought battery operated filters in a bin lot. She plans to keep the water level as low as 3 inches below the top lip. She wants to know the best brand and if she needs to adjust the tank order to have a cutout dip where the filters are to be. she doesn't want too much flow annoying her heavily finned show fish (they arrived to today before she got home. Lovely little things).
So throw some brands out and whats good so she read over my shoulder to decide. And I can help her pre-order her things and figure the dimensions.

For a planted tank with the water level 3 inches from the top, I would highly reccomend a canister filter. This will all you to easily submerge the outlet to keep surface aggitation low (good for plants). Also, it will make it easy to put the intake and outlet on opposite sides of the tank, this will help greatly to keep the water flowing through the dividers. Cutting down a section of the tank is not the best solution because one section will end up getting much more filtration than the others because of the dividers. And if the tank is glass, cutting sections out of it is generally a very bad idea unless you pay a professional to cut the glass and then rebrace the glass after it is cut.

Eheim ECCO 2231, Fluval 204, Filstar XP1 would all be excellent canisters with moderate flow and a low cost for a 30.

thanks

Ah thanks, I will relay and check it.
The dividers will be professionally made for the tank and it is acrylic.
It will be made to her specifications. Including the dip if needed. Cannister didn't even come to mind. Doh! (Hey, I was the tank cleaner for grandpa, not the housing planner!) ^.^
They always seem more like larger saltwater tank accessories. just like the supreme measurement kits and water weigher thingies
Then all she needs are areas the rim adjusted..prolly. My head hurts! It's late..... :p

I just ordered an xp1 from drsfostersmith.com on sale for 59.xx and a 5 dollar off coupon if you say you saw their TV commercial. Should be here this week!

BioLife?

How is BioLife?
Anna found Biolife 55 Wet /dry that heats the water for 89.95 new.
She is ready to but now, but she needs to use my card for online purchases. So Is she being hasty or is that a good price?
I notice some of your mentionedd brand names in a a wet dry run in the hundreds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom