Just got my RODI unit from ebay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think, I may not be right, that a new set are about $40. I looked and don't recall 100%. I do remember it was almost as much as the unit. lol

I found the replacements on their website

P U R E W A T E R C L U B

The page isnt linking right I don't think... but all four filters are $54!!!!

I think early next year I may have to replace some since my water consumption is pretty low at that time if I'm still going fish strong I may just buy a regular sized unit and actually hook it up to a permanent water supply.

$54 is outraegous! Not sure of the ones on eBay I wasn't sure which one was a direct replacement.

I'm thinking about getting this as well. Can it be hooked up to the water supply line and mounted? Or is it only portable being able to be hooked up to a faucet or hose?

Thjs one is for the hose or sink faucet I believe. They def have the mountable ones just a few bucks more.

Yeah, I thought the kh was off but I tested the alkalinity too and redid the test with another kit and still the same result. I'm not even sure what it means. I'll prob start a thread eventually lol

Got my TDS meter today and I have 243 in my tap water and 0 in the ro/di manufactured water. So this unit does work. :)

Great. What about that kh.. figure that out yet?
I'm definitely going to pick one of these up if that works out

Does an RO/DI unit remove the so called "trace elements" from the water that the fishies need?

I'm not sure. i know it removes like everything though. I think the ebay item page lists what it removes.

From what I just googled the salt mix should provide the trace elements needed.

Hey, just a quick question. What TDS meter did you get? I was thinking of getting an in-line one so I can monitor it and know when I need to replace the filters, but the seller also has a TDS tester that goes right into the water. The in-line ones are a little pricey but it may be worth it. Just curious as to which type you got. Thanks!

Hey, just a quick question. What TDS meter did you get? I was thinking of getting an in-line one so I can monitor it and know when I need to replace the filters, but the seller also has a TDS tester that goes right into the water. The in-line ones are a little pricey but it may be worth it. Just curious as to which type you got. Thanks!

I just ordered this one the other day. $14 free shipping

New Digital TDS Meter Tester Water PPM Filter Purity - eBay (item 290551421904 end time Apr-30-11 23:59:16 PDT)

Just got mine!
Very sturdy and solid feeling.
Idiot proof, really, like carey said.

Only problem is my stupid sink faucet. Nothing ever fits it (not just this RO/DI unit.. NOTHING!). So I'll have to take the thingy and my faucet adapter out to lowes and find an adapter. It's like a $3 adapter but they are darn hard to find with my limited knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom