Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltpeter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Starting my new 90 gal FOWLR tank and I am buying my live rock from someone with an established tank through craigslist. Some of the rock has some small corals and mushrooms. My question is what kind of lighting do I need? I have a single 48" bulb on top nothing fancy. Can I get away with some kind of a single bulb to keep this stuff living? Any help is appreciated.

You`ll definitely need to upgrade your lighting. It will not handle corals. I`m pretty sure you are talking just Normal output flourecent lighting. You`ll need something like at least VHO, t5HO`s or MH`s. Moving this to the General Hardware and equipment discussion forum.

Besides the MHs are the others, bulbs that I can use in my current fixture or do I need a whole different fixture? Thanks.

the fixture determines the wattage. a single bulb isnt going to suffice anyways, you'll probably need a 6 or 8 bulb fixture if youre looking at T5HO or VHO

What kind of price am I looking at for something middle of the road? Ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom