Mag Driven, or Keeping it Quite w/ the One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesMJ2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to replace my crappy pump with something a little more robust. I have two brands picked out that I like. One is Mag Drive, the other is Quite One. I like the Mag because it looks more sturdy and has more power, however it cost more($54) and I don't neccessarily need 500gph. The Quite One is much cheaper , but also looks it. It pumps just under 300gph, uses 25.5w as suppose to Mags 45w, and cost about $25. Both meet my head requirement of 4 feet. One thing I should note thats important is heat exchange, I need as little as possible. Also I need a pump thats not going to fault under some back pressure. I would have gone with Ehiem, but those Krazy Krauts refuse to make a pump with standard 1/2" fittings. Thanks for the help folks.

Neither pump is going to put out the amount you rate at 4' head. The mag5 for example is rated at 310 GPH at 4' head. Also tank into account the the plumbing bends and you will get a lower rate than that. Mag drive pumps are extremly good quality and they will stand behind their name. Us salties use Mag pumps with out a second thought. At most you will see a 1degree increase in overall tank temp from the Mag pump. These pumps can even be run external for even less heat transfer to the water.

as for the cost, sometimes you can find it cheaper online and over a certain amt. shipping is free, possibly look for some online cuopons, for shipping or merchandise, good hunting ck big als online

Back
Top Bottom