Marineland c-530 canister dimensions and filstar xl (xp4) size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all can someone please tell me what the size width wise for either of these? I'm seeing conflicting info on different websites. Thanks.

All the Rena are the same except for height. I have the xp3 and it's width is 7 3/4" the lid is the biggest part at 9 1/4 including the lock down clips

All the Rena are the same except for height. I have the xp3 and it's width is 7 3/4" the lid is the biggest part at 9 1/4 including the lock down clips

Thanks Andy! I really do want to but the xp4 but I don't like the blue intake and outflow tubes! I'm going to black out the back of tank and feel they'll stand out. But I have to say the review are far more favorable for the Rena/API so may not have a choice. Do you think xp3 and either a penguin 350 hob or magnam 250 hob canister is sufficient or should I go xp4 for 72 gallon African tank?

Well I can tell you I had the xp3 on my 180 and it did fine bio wise. Then I hooked a hob filter up just to polish the particles out and that worked.

Also it uses the standard size hose so if you have other intake tubes they will fit it, since you want black. I don't know about the other fikters but I can tell you the rena's would be a good investment

Last edited:
Well I can tell you I had the xp3 on my 180 and it did fine bio wise. Then I hooked a hob filter up just to polish the particles out and that worked.

Also it uses the standard size hose so if you have other intake tubes they will fit it, since you want black. I don't know about the other fikters but I can tell you the rena's would be a good investment

Ordered xp xl (xp4 new name) for 190 free shipping. The xp3 is 190 is local store so I couldn't pass it up.

Ordered xp xl (xp4 new name) for 190 free shipping. The xp3 is 190 is local store so I couldn't pass it up.

Where did you order it from? I bet you could have found it cheaper but then the shipping may have made it the same price Idk. I know that's the new name for it lol I'm just an old timer that uses the old name :)

Where did you order it from? I bet you could have found it cheaper but then the shipping may have made it the same price Idk. I know that's the new name for it lol I'm just an old timer that uses the old name :)

Pet solutions. I did see on amazon for 170 something plus shipping but trust pet solutions plus I was ordering the led double brights from there in sale. Xl xl was over 200 on dr fosters

Pet solutions. I did see on amazon for 170 something plus shipping but trust pet solutions plus I was ordering the led double brights from there in sale. Xl xl was over 200 on dr fosters

I just ordered from them for the first time. It said all my dry goods would take 7-10 days or something like that I got it in two days. So be expecting and good luck with the new stuff

Back
Top Bottom