Marineland Penguin 150 Bio Wheel Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azlan102

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, im going to buy the 20 gallon starter kit from marineland that comes with the marineland 150 bio wheel, I noticed that the filter cartridges are really expensive, is there a cheaper replacement?

Online prices are usually pretty decent. You should get several months of use out of one cartridge. Every other week just swish them around in the water removed from a water change.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Use a prefilter sponge on the intake and you can buy the cut to fit material.I have Marineland filters and it works in them.

I used to have a 200 one of these and honestly hated it.

The filter cartridges are pretty good though. I only needed to replace one in 10 months. Space is very limited in those filters so when you need to replace the pad because it's falling apart you just stick a new one in with the old so it can build up BB for a while,

Caleb

I used to have a 200 one of these and honestly hated it.

The filter cartridges are pretty good though. I only needed to replace one in 10 months. Space is very limited in those filters so when you need to replace the pad because it's falling apart you just stick a new one in with the old so it can build up BB for a while,

Caleb

Caleb - what did you hate about it? The noise? The one I had was quiet for about a year and developed a grinding noise. Probably a worn impeller. I did not follow up on the noise as I switched to the AquaClear/Fluval series of HOBs.

Caleb - what did you hate about it? The noise? The one I had was quiet for about a year and developed a grinding noise. Probably a worn impeller. I did not follow up on the noise as I switched to the AquaClear/Fluval series of HOBs.

Same reason. The impeller gave out because I've read they are made cheaply now compared to back in the day. They also have very little room in them for even filter media. I've made the switch to Fluval/Aquaclear and will never go back to them. Much better quality and way more room for media and other stuff.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom