Micro Bubbles from Cascade 1000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CPT DylanG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey hey, so I've had this Penn Plex Cascade 1000 up and running for about 5 weeks now, and the filtration had been great! Although every 2 minutes or so a faint squirting sound comes the the canister, then a ton of micro bubbles shoot out into my tank from the spout (see attached photo).. I assume somehow air is getting into the hose line, but I just have no clue where it could be coming from, I've taken it apart a couple of times but can't seem to find anything wrong, no leaks, etc... Has anyone experienced this issue with this model, or any canister filter before?
Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 166228737_859883891227144_8610870527625838422_n.jpg
    166228737_859883891227144_8610870527625838422_n.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 44
No idea for the specific model, but are there any bubbles coming up around the intake and getting sucked into the canister? Or try to try to fill the canister according to manufacturer instructions.

On my Fluval FX5 it needs to be filled to a certain level, then attached to the tubing and then opened one before the other - I thing the intake before the outflow. (sorry I'd have to double check) But last time I hooked it back up It was gurgling and blasting bubbles like crazy. I corrected it and like magic it was back in order.

Depending on what your filter is stacked with it's possible that it's still purging itself of air, even after 5-weeks. Other than that you'll have to check all connections and the pressure levers then hope for a simple fix.

Had the same problem, turns out the bubble disc moved and the intake was sucking up air.

Depending on what your filter is stacked with it's possible that it's still purging itself of air, even after 5-weeks. Other than that you'll have to check all connections and the pressure levers then hope for a simple fix.

Yeah idk I feel like there's gotta be a leak somewhere somehow... I've made sure everything is nice and tight, I'm not sure what else I can do though.

Sorry I meant the Air Bubble Disk Stone Aquarium Aerator moved to close to the filter intake, which caused it to suck in air.

Yeah idk I feel like there's gotta be a leak somewhere somehow... I've made sure everything is nice and tight, I'm not sure what else I can do though.

Sucking in air was either a "feature" or a design flaw on one of my cannister's. When the prefilter would start to jam, the filter would start "fizzing" like crazy. I started to clean that part of the filter weekly, which I should have been doing anyway, and BAM, quiet as a mouse ever since.

Sucking in air was either a "feature" or a design flaw on one of my cannister's. When the prefilter would start to jam, the filter would start "fizzing" like crazy. I started to clean that part of the filter weekly, which I should have been doing anyway, and BAM, quiet as a mouse ever since.

Good to know thanks.(y)

Back
Top Bottom