Overflow splashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcpeek

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a little bit of splashing coming out of the top of my overflow. It is more like a mist but it is starting to get on my VHO's . I was wondering if I could cut some filter media the size of the opening and place it on the top of the overflows to keep it from splashing. It would sit above the overflow slots so it wouldn't get that wet.

I could cover them but my tank is covered so I would like to leave them open as much as possible for gas exchange.

That should be fine. Just curoius what kind of overflow. I suspect the splasing is a result of the water cascading into the intake side of the overflow.

They are built in overflows. My water level is high in them to avoid the loud flushing noise. I made the pipes from dursostandsandpipes.com. My water drops about 3" from tank water level and the mist is getting on my bulbs. Just trying to avoid problems down the road

I see. I suspect by rasing the lights you wont acomplish much either. I would say the padding would do the trick. Swapping it out every so often to combat the potental mold/mildewing.

Back
Top Bottom