python for freshwater use only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious. I was looking to find a easier way to change my water and of course came upon the python. Though, from reading the info it seems like it may be only able to put fresh water back into your tank. Is there a way to hook it up to a saltwater reserve tank / get sw back into the tank for changes or not? Didnt seem so since it was hooked up yo a kitchen sink. Just curious!

I do use a ph for pwc, but getting the bucket into the living room in the first place is a chore!

The end of the python fits onto a standard water hose spigot. We use adapters to create the spigot side of this on the sink. You could just as easily get a pump, like a Mag or soemthing simliar with a threaded outlet and get an adapter from your local hardware store to hook it up with.

like neilanh said you can use a pump to pump it back in or move the reserve tank to a higher level then the tank so gravity will feed it.

Gotcha. Is there a way to attach an end of the python to the powerhead? Sounds like it. I'm thinking if so and if I got a long enough extention I might be able to put the python in the reserve tank and use the power head to get it into the main.. i'll have to measure to see how far it is. Though i'm not sure with a 150 gph powerhead if it would move fast enough to go that far. Ah well, probably stick with the old fashion method LOL.

Though it sounds like it may be worth it to get one just to empty water out.

Back
Top Bottom