Quarantine tanks help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so recent deaths and sicknesses of both my fw and SW fish has got me thinking its about time I got some quarantine tanks.

For my SW tank I'm planning in having a 5g so I can fit under the stand. Same goes for my freshester is this ok?

I was planning on using aqua clear 20's and two heaters what else do I need? Is the media that comes with these filter ok? Or do I need to use different media for SW and fw?

Also when these tanks are not in use do I still have to so water changes?

Any advise would be helpful thanks!

I don't have SW, only FW & I don't have space to keep a QT tank set up all of the time so I bought a 10g tank on sale w/ a heater & HOB filter, I set it up while I had new fish to QT, then disassembled it & put it away. My plan was to set up the filter on my 46g tank to keep a seeded filter but I need to get a power strip. I did not have a substrate but I did have some fake plants & a couple cave structures just because I thought the fish need a little something. If you have the tank set up all of the time you will need to add ammonia periodically to keep the BB alive.

Back
Top Bottom