Question about my lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daylilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Aquatic Life 48"4x54 Watt HOT5 Light Fixture (Saltwater) for my 75 gallon. The discription is below. I find the light is very blueish. I've seen videos on how otter peoples tanks are so clear not blue like how mine is. Should I turn one of the blue light bulbs off? Replace with a day light bulb? Or is it suppose to be like this.
How does the tank need the blue lights on. Do they need to be on together daylight and blue?
Please help thanks

A built in light timer allows hobbyists to control each individual row of bulbs, as well as the lunar LEDs, with just one power cord! Fixtures comes with two 48" 10000K 54Watt high output T5 bulbs to promote bright white illumination that closely mimics sunlight, two Actinic 54Watt high output T5 bulbs to promote the growth and well being of photosynthetic corals and invertebrates, and four lunar LED lights for low-light viewing of nocturnal behaviour. Tank mounting brackets and an acrylic bulb protector sleeve are included with the fixture to help prevent water damage as a result of water splashing or evaporation. Installation and maintenance guide also included. Fixture measures 47.24in X 10.16in X 3.28in and weighs approximately 15.5lbs. Fixtures may also be suspended above the aquarium using Aquatic Life's T5&PC Light Fixture Suspension Hardware(not included).

You would need to have all 4 bulbs on to give your tank enough light. What you could do is buy another 10,000k bulb and run it that way. 3 10,000ks and 1 actinic bulb. It's mostly to what you like in viewing. Some people like the actinics because they make the colors of the coral "Pop" out and flourence. How long is your tank? 48 inches may not be enough....

Last edited:
I agree that you`ll need more than two bulbs. For a 75 most likely 6 bulbs depending on what you are planning on getting as far as corals. Moving this to the General Hardware and equipment discussion forum.

Back
Top Bottom