Reef Octopus NW-150 water level valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haimi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi gurus,

I recently bought a used RO NW-150 after hearing good reviews. I have put it to test and able to produce foam. But I have one problem in that I was not able to adjust the water level in the skimmer no matter how much i turn the water level valve. Here is the picture of the skimmer im using. Please help.

Thanks

Attachments

• RO NW-150.jpg
    RO NW-150.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 126
Welcome to AA!

What do you mean by turning it? There should be a sleeve there, that allows you to adjust the height of the tube up and down. Making the tube taller creates more back-water pressure into the chamber so you get the foam up higher in the skimmer body (or vice-versa if it's currently too high)

Welcome to AA!

What do you mean by turning it? There should be a sleeve there, that allows you to adjust the height of the tube up and down. Making the tube taller creates more back-water pressure into the chamber so you get the foam up higher in the skimmer body (or vice-versa if it's currently too high)

Hi thanks for the reply. I do not find any other extra parts (in this case the sleeve u mentioned) except for whats in the picture. Hmmm ... infact most of the online shops show the same skimmer and with no sleeve. Thanks

hi, problem solved. The vertical pipe, which I term it as water level valve, is not supposed to be turned but rather it acts as a telescope pipe. So sliding up and down will adjust the water level. Thx for the help and advice.

Yes, I eventually managed to figure out your explanation and the diagram ;) Thanks for your timely help.

Back
Top Bottom