Reef octopus protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
I received a bh-100 for Christmas from my wife. The instructions were ok on how to assemble but nothing on how to know how deep to place collection cup in skimmer. It is producing skimmage. But I'm not sure what a normal amount would be. I have a 72 bow.

I received a bh-100 for Christmas from my wife. The instructions were ok on how to assemble but nothing on how to know how deep to place collection cup in skimmer. It is producing skimmage. But I'm not sure what a normal amount would be. I have a 72 bow.

Is the skimmate dark or watery? If watery raise it if very dark lower it depending on if your wet skimming or dry skimming

It's a dark yellow color. Empty it this morning and already half full again.

Sounds like a bit to wet id raise the cup a lil bit imo i like a dry skimmate you wont get as much but what you get will be very dark green nearly black save you from dumping every day but this opinion varies from person to person

It's kinda hard to get it right. I've had the same one now for over a year. And I can never get it consistent some times it looks like it is not doing its job and sometimes it will be full of water.

It's kinda hard to get it right. I've had the same one now for over a year. And I can never get it consistent some times it looks like it is not doing its job and sometimes it will be full of water.

They work more consistantly if the waterlever where its located does not fluctuate also feeding or adding anything to the water will effect it

That's the problem I've been having. My water level had dropped due to evaporation and it stopped producing skimmage. So I lowered it and it didn't help. I added water today and it started to make a lot. So now I have raised it some and it hasn't made much if any since. Granted I just fed so it might pick back up later.

That's the problem I've been having. My water level had dropped due to evaporation and it stopped producing skimmage. So I lowered it and it didn't help. I added water today and it started to make a lot. So now I have raised it some and it hasn't made much if any since. Granted I just fed so it might pick back up later.

Its in sump then im assuming can you not put it in different chamber? Is there even chambers in the sump? they definately need steady waterlevel pic of sump?

Back
Top Bottom