Removing spray bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was looking at co2 diffusers and came across an in-line model. The rep from the company told me it would be best to remove the spray bar from the outflow of my canister filter to increase flow and improve filter performance. I was wondering if anyone here has done that and if they had any issues with it.

I had heard the same thing from a few local friends... that plus they say that removing the spray bar will also help create more flow thus reducing the need, in outbound area, for a power head (in the reef aquarium). I'm curious to see what people say about this, as I too have thought about removing mine.

I'm thinking that the diffuser company says to remove the spray bar because the in-line diffuser will impede the flow of the filter. The rep also said to keep the terminal end of the hose at the top. I always thought that it was best to keep the diffuser as deep as possible to diffuse more co2. As far as removing the spray bar, I think it would probably be the equivalent of adding another power head. The rep also said that the canister manufacturers report the flow rate of the filter with no media in it. Not sure if this is true or not. Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom