rodi units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
i can't make up my mind.I know cheaper is not always better but after researching and weighing the pros and cons I have decided on:Aquatic Life RO Buddie Three Stage Reverse Osmosis
My concern is how many stages are sufficient?Does it have to be expensive to be a good unit?I have also looked at the Coralife 05692 Pure-Flo II 50-Gallon Per Day 4 Stage RO/DI System.What brand do you use?

Attachments

• Aquatic Life RO Buddie .jpg
    Aquatic Life RO Buddie .jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Pureflo.jpg
    Pureflo.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 73
You should look on bulkreefsupplies website. They have affordable ro/di units! I back up the saying "you get what you pay for". I paid my ro/di unit around $230 at a local reef store.

You should look on bulkreefsupplies website. They have affordable ro/di units! I back up the saying "you get what you pay for". I paid my ro/di unit around $230 at a local reef store.
How many stages does it have?What is the recommended number of stages?

How many stages does it have?What is the recommended number of stages?
It all depends on the Tds of your water source. But usually a 4-5 stage ro/di filter is used. Mine is a 5 stage. I have 160 Tds in my normal water, when it's filtered I have about 1-2 Tds. I'm trying to find the reason it's not reading 0. I think my problem is that my water is running through my filters too fast.

I still need a TDS tester.i know our water is bad but don't know how bad yet.Right now for drinking water we use a Brita filter.i use the filtered water and betta conditioner for my betta and he has done well.

You can get a Tds meter for about $30. Or you can get an inline Tds meter (attached to rodi unit) for about $50. I use a hand held one that costed me $29.99 CAD.

I live in Montreal Quebec so our water is pretty polluted. But we have a pretty good water filtration.

I bought a cheap tds meter from ebay for like $8. i use a 5 stage bulk reef supply unit myself. Two carbon blocks, sediment filter, di and the membrane. i added a second membrane piggybacked so I can make 150g a day. I have like 9 tanks up so I need ALOT of water. lol

I paid $180 for my deluxe unit, it has dual tds meters so I know when to change my filters, makes it nice and easy. I start with about 130 tds and it goes down to 0.

If you arent getting 0 tds maybe it's time for a new DI cartridge?

I bought a cheap tds meter from ebay for like $8. i use a 5 stage bulk reef supply unit myself. Two carbon blocks, sediment filter, di and the membrane. i added a second membrane piggybacked so I can make 150g a day. I have like 9 tanks up so I need ALOT of water. lol I paid $180 for my deluxe unit, it has dual tds meters so I know when to change my filters, makes it nice and easy. I start with about 130 tds and it goes down to 0. If you arent getting 0 tds maybe it's time for a new DI cartridge?
the di is not even 6 months old yet.. I'll probably change it soon tho.

Are the other filters 6 months also? For di to run out too soon is an indication that the filters before the di are not doing their jobs. I found that 6 months is the best time to change them all out anyways, I just paid $32 for all the filters and di resin from BRS. :)

Are the other filters 6 months also? For di to run out too soon is an indication that the filters before the di are not doing their jobs. I found that 6 months is the best time to change them all out anyways, I just paid $32 for all the filters and di resin from BRS. :)
yeah I'll be buying new filters and di resin around December. The 1-2 Tds isn't having an effect on my tank.

Back
Top Bottom