Satellite plus led

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toaduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone with a satellite plus tell me if 2 fixtures can be controlled by one single ramp timer? I've been told both but I can't figure it out.

When I was doing my research on LED lights, it was apparent that the Current Satellite Plus lights were not really meant to work with their ramp timers (seems kind of silly to me). You could make it happen, but not with full functionality. Have you checked their website? They have a fairly good breakdown of what will and will not work with the ramp timers.

Just curious, why two Satellite Pluses?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

More power!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

More power!!!

Yes. More spread and par. One sat plus on a 20 definitely is not enough to grow what I want but I like the light. I'm going to go ahead and build the arduino for 30 bucks then the light will do everything except make my coffee every morning. Lol

Yes. More spread and par. One sat plus on a 20 definitely is not enough to grow what I want but I like the light. I'm going to go ahead and build the arduino for 30 bucks then the light will do everything except make my coffee every morning. Lol

You know how to do that? Maybe you make me one and I could pay you for it? I've wanted one for sometime, not all that computer savy these days..

I picked up the Ecoxotic E-series for my tank. More power on the light and it had the ramp up/down feature I really wanted. Plus it's practically the same as the Satellite plus in terms of size, remote, etc. Timer is integrated. It's a great light.

You know how to do that? Maybe you make me one and I could pay you for it? I've wanted one for sometime, not all that computer savy these days..

You asked if I knew how to do it? When I'm done and it works....then I'll tell you the answer. Lolol

It seems really simple if you can solder. I'll keep you posted.

Hahah.. fair enough. I thought it required a good deal of programming? Can you simply download the code?

Hahah.. fair enough. I thought it required a good deal of programming? Can you simply download the code?

Yes the code is already done then you can modify to your lighting needs/schedule.

I agree the code was the hard part....the other is just looking at pictures and schematics and soldering. Check out the thread at planted tank. Go to the last posts where I replied.

I see you've found the thread in tpt;)

Hm is there a link where you guys are reading about this DIY led solution? Pretty please?

I was at an aquarium trade show a couple weeks ago and there was a Current USA booth there. They were displaying a two channel ramp up timer. I didn't spend too much time asking questions about it, but maybe check their website to see when it's available (if not already).

I was at an aquarium trade show a couple weeks ago and there was a Current USA booth there. They were displaying a two channel ramp up timer. I didn't spend too much time asking questions about it, but maybe check their website to see when it's available (if not already).

Thanks. However I'm done with current and their timers. They misled consumers on their pro timers. They said they'd be compatible, then when the timers came out, there were conflicts with the sat+. Bad deal on their part.

If anyone is still wondering if one Single or Dual Ramp Timer will work with two Satellite + Led lights the answer is yes, if combined wattage is under 48 watts. I tried using a 36" and a 48" combo (55 watts combined) and it did not control them together, only one would get the command set. I had already invested in the two Sat+ and a single ramp timer so I just picked up one more ramp timer and I'm pretty happy now. Yes they only control the ramping if set to a default color, but it does it well and that's all I use it for, all the extra effects got old after a while. Freshwater non planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom