SCWD + pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
For the 75 gal tank I got Im thinking of trying out tis SCWD device. What would be a good external pump to use to drive the SCWD device on a 75? The total head will be around 5' and Im shooting for 500 or so GPH at the outlet so as to not overdrive the small overflow that the tank has. Ill have a few additional PH's in the tank moving water around aswell.

I have heard (from darin i think) that they work a little better with more power. Perhaps he can offer some advice but I am planning on a Mag 9.5 with the same head and surely the SCWD itself has to reduce the flow a little. I think that'll be around 500GPH you are looking for.

Does it have to be a submersible pump or could you use an external? If you can use an external, I'd try a Blueline 30HD...590 gph @ 4' and 16.5' shutoff. Very quiet and dependable pumps that are comparable to Iwaki.

The wet/dry that came with it has bulkheads for external mount. One reason I was thinking mag is that they can be external or internally used. So yes an external pump would work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom