Seachem matrix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaronb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought Seachem matrix expecting to see some amazing biomedia they had made. When ordered 4 liters for an Eheim 2080. When I got the package it was surprisingly heavy. I opened it and it appears to just be gravel like some people put in their driveways. That would explain the weight too. Anyone else think the same thing? That would explain why it's so cheap too. You could probably go to a rock pit and buy 4 liters for 5 dollars. That's if the person running the place didn't tell you that you could just have such a small amount. Also does anyone know how much each basket on a 2080 holds? I read somewhere 2 liters but 4 wasn't enough to fill 2 baskets. Only filled the second about halfway and the first could've held more.

Thanks.

I bought Seachem matrix expecting to see some amazing biomedia they had made. When ordered 4 liters for an Eheim 2080. When I got the package it was surprisingly heavy. I opened it and it appears to just be gravel like some people put in their driveways. That would explain the weight too. Anyone else think the same thing? That would explain why it's so cheap too. You could probably go to a rock pit and buy 4 liters for 5 dollars. That's if the person running the place didn't tell you that you could just have such a small amount. Also does anyone know how much each basket on a 2080 holds? I read somewhere 2 liters but 4 wasn't enough to fill 2 baskets. Only filled the second about halfway and the first could've held more.

Thanks.

The 2080 takes 4l per basket and has 3 baskets. Matrix is neither cheap nor heavy, looks like you have been tricked.
I went in the end with the eheim media pack for the 2080 as it came cheaper then buying individual packs of matrix and noodles

Back
Top Bottom