Skimmer Brand Mystery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EyeInSky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I am a "noobie", but have recently aquired a used protein skimmer. It seems like a standard skimmer model. Acrylic / Plastic tube with a round collection cup at the top. This skimmer might be at least 6 years old.

It uses a pump that has a built-in needle wheel of some sort to aerate the foam bubbles. The way to adjust the height of the bubbles is to raise the water exit column up or down (the height of the water in the exit column relates via gravity pressure to the water height inside the container).

The top of the plastic container has a blue lid with 3 "leaf" like shapes arranged in a symmetrical clove pattern.

I'm sure almost everyone here knows this model, but I tried looking at some brands. My best guess was originally an Eshopps... but the top lid pattern on that looks very different (but was still blue with a pattern on top). The Eshopps is a lighter blue. This one is a darker navy / medium blue.

Thx in advance!

Mystery skimmer solution

Thanks for the help & info!

I have seen a great deal of posts from you. This hobby definitely keeps you busy :)

Back
Top Bottom