SolarExtreme T5 Fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vettitude

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wanted to post a quick note on the light that I purchased today because I haven't seen too much written about them. It's a 48" 4 bulb, 4x54W with 8 LED moonlights. Replaced an Odyssea CF fixture. Definite noticeable difference in brightness.
Overall seems to be of good quality. I didn't expect it to be as hot as my CF's were in my canopy but they are still quite hot. I will need to add some fans. Very pleased with whites, blues and LED's. The instructions for programming seem pretty straight forward.
I wasn't ready for the LED plunge yet so I "settled" for this nice T5 instead. Love the built in display for programming and the GFI plug is nice as well.
Let's see how it holds up. If anyone needs any other info, email me and I will,get you whatever info I can.:fish2:

The actinics failed last week after only about 5 months. Good news is that I won't have to replace the bulbs ant time soon as I learned my lesson and am going to LED's. LOL
Light supported a LTA, elegance, duncan, trumpet, zoas, shrooms, plate, chalice, riccordea, favia, devils hand, acan. All was thriving. Timers were handy. Moonlights nice. They ran pretty hot though.

Back
Top Bottom