T12 flourescent nearly dead, what now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomK2

Aquarium Advice Addict
My last flourescent bulb with T12 pins doesn't have much life left in it, and the T12 bulbs don't seem to be available locally anmore. Guess I need to buy a new light. The LFS was promoting a LED track light with 2 channels, comes with white and moonlight blue LED. Dimmable, can take more LED modules, even in red.

Tank is a 55 gallon 48 inch long Oceanic recently converted to a cichlid tank with Texas holey rock and plastic plants. Lighting is for fish display only.

Whats a good commercially available 48 inch LED set up? Any come with timers built in? Automatic gradual on/off ie: sunrise/sunset features? I haven't been fish shopping for YEARS, so I was surprised at some of the new stuff.

That light wouldn't happen to be an elive would it? Lfs in Chicago reccomended I get that one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just can't remember the name. Searching online, it sure looks the same as the Elive. Before I committed, I was wondering if any with built in timers were available. I wouldn't mind losing the awkward outlet timer.

I see your kinda by me. Was the lfs Coral Reef Pet Center in Norridge off lawrence?

Check out the current satellite plus with ramp timer add on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I see your kinda by me. Was the lfs Coral Reef Pet Center in Norridge off lawrence?

No, it was Aquarium Adventure / Petland in Bolingbrook. I went there becuase I new they had enough cichlids of the types I wanted so I could add all my cichlids at once to an already cycled tank.

Ok. At least your lucky enough to have lfs close. In Gurnee we have big box stores and nothing else

Aquatic Liife Edge and Marineland Advanced have built in timers and moonlights.

Aquatic Life Edge light installed by my daughter while I am away. She says they are too bright! I was wondering, can you tape over some of the LED's to reduce brightness? The lights are not dim able. It was a common complaint in this product's reviews, not sure if it will affect cichlid behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom