T5 HO Lighting System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmaglione

Aquarium Advice Regular
All,
I have the strangest issue! I have a light hood, that uses T5 HO 46" Bulbs. Their are 4 light connections, (2 per ballast). 1 section is working just fine but the other set of lights do not light, not even the good bulbs, i have tried every possible combination. So, believing it was the Ballast that was bad, i put my voltage sensor on it and to my surprise started getting readings! I compared the readings of both ballasts for each wire in hopes to find some difference but no +12VAC out of the hot end of both ballasts, and around 2V AC out on the second pin on both ballasts. I would think if i had a bad ballast where there was no lighting, i would have no electricity. If it was bad i could at least order another and replace it no problem. All the wiring seemed fine it just religiously doesn't wish to work I am convinced! Anyone else run into this, or have any experience / suggestions on this? I am pretty bummed out about it.

Can you swap ballasts and try it?

Have not tried that, Great idea. Sucks because its a bit of work. My fish will have some down time as far as the lighting is concerned, then i have to take the whole thing apart and switch the wires! lol man! Will definitely try it though before buying a new light hood.

Back
Top Bottom