T5 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Newbie question: I'm trying to change out my lights and the encasing light fixture says 54w 4ft which would be 48' but the actual bulb measures 45.75. Do I need to find a specialty size of 45.75 in bulbs or do these sun blaze fixtures adjust somehow to fit a 48

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I heard you should only switch out one at a time so how long before you should add another new bulb after the first one

That 54w should be interchangeable with any standard 54 watt bulb. I believe some companies measure from bulb end to end and some include the pins in their measurement.

For instance, wavepoint sells a 33" bulb but its for a 36" fixture. I was baffled at first myself but after ordering the "short" bulb it fit perfectly anyways. lol

Thank you:) have you tried a 36 as well? I don't get how a 48 could fit into a 45 unless you can adjust the fitting somehow

Pretty sure they are all standard sizes. 2ft, 3ft, 4ft. And for while I believe coralife and maybe one or two others were/are making a 30" bulb.

As was mentioned, measure the pins and you should get up to 48". I don't know what the recommendation of changing them out one of a time is about.

i can only find 45' through wave point and coral life. Any preferences between the 2?

Four foot bulbs are all the same length, and I think you can change them one by one, or all at once, been told its like lowering intensity on leds to acclimate corals, but never had issue changing four at once when I used them

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom