The center brace on my 37g is broken.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyjim30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The center brace on my 37g tank is broken. I was told that there was no way to replace it without replacing my tank. Since I'm not made of money, I'm trying to figure out a way to patch it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

This is a picture of the brace as things are right now. I guess this will teach my cousin not to bring his three year old over. The kid wanted to "swim with the fishies" so he tried to climb into the tank! He might have broken the brace but it was almost worth it. I laughed so hard I cried. FYI: I'm intensely aware of how dangerous that situation could have been and I've taken steps to make sure it never happens again.

ForumRunner_20120803_160927.jpg

Ive heard of.people using plexiglass and expoxy to make a new brace. dont know how well it works

Are you sure you can't just replace the entire top trim, which would include a brace? That's what my lfs did for me when I was purchasing a used tank from him.

Depending on how the brace is connected to the trim, you might have to replace the trim as Lynda suggested. If it is connected separately from the trim then you can get a piece of glass cut and use epoxy to seal it. I had to replace the center brace on my 75 and all it cost for the glass was $4 and that included the cut.

I'll have to check into that option. I was told that the trim couldn't be replaced but it was a semi-trained employee of a chain store that told me that and I'm not sure how reliable that advice was. I may have to go to a lfs and see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom