Turbo-Twist 3x / 9 watt UV Sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FawnN

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, call me a big dummy!! :oops: :oops: Can someone provide pictures of how this is suppose to look all set up?

I've had this thing since xmas and for the life of me can't figure out how it's suppose to hang from your tank and the hosing. :?:

I would love to see pictures if anyone has any!!! Thanks!

you're right that there aren't a lot of pictures floating around for a Turbo-Twist UV unit all set up. The closest thing I ran across was http://www.cloudytanks.com/reviews/aquariums/uv.html

The basic idea is to hang the Turbo-Twist on the back of your tank, remove the return hose from your canister filter which normally went back to your tank directly and connect it to the Turbo-Twist hose fitting nearest the 'on' light, and then to run a new hose from the Turbo-Twist hose fitting nearest the AC adapter back into your tank where the canister filter return hose used to go. If the length of your existing canister filter return hose works out right, you can probably simply cut the existing hose and connect the Turbo-Twist in the middle !

I have the 36w model. All there is to it it is a pump feeding one end. Look for flow arrow. and a hose out of the other end back into your tank. Not sure how your setup is but I have my return water going to a spray bar in the refugium.

I have mine mounted underneath the aquarium. Yours should have come with some mounting brackets for this. i originally had it set up on the back of the tank but hated the way it looked. When I had a canister filter I just hooked it up on the return. But now with my tidepool I have a seperate pump going to the turbo twist then right back into the sump.

Back
Top Bottom