Underwater fish cam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caniac22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have a camera taping their cool fish? I did a quick Google search and didn't come up with much. Does anyone here have one if so what equipment do you use?

Sent from my LG-G4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a really cool idea! I wish I could help, but I don't have the budget to try anything like that.

I'd like to see what the little stinkers are up to at night :p. I can't foot that bill either though.

*scribbles down idea to come up with research project involving fish tank cam*

You could also just tie a gopro to a rock and throw it in the tank?

I have been thinking of putting my GoPro in my tank for a few hours to see what goes on while I am away.

I did research on Go Pros but it seems as if they are difficult to stream. I found a little ip68 security camera for $30 I'm probably going to get. I just have to make sure the infrared won't affect the fish.

I use a gopro hero 3 in its waterproof case! Used it snorkeling works pristine!! I can stream it to my phone with its wifi option!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

But correct me if I'm wrong the go pro has to be with your phone to stream? I'm thinking of getting a water proof back up camera and then connecting it to my slingbox so I can watch it anywhere on my phone or Web.

That's true it has to be with your phone! Sorry! But that is a really good idea!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So after all this talk, I went home and sunk my camera. Alvin, my goldfish, was not to sure about it. :)

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1436355596798.jpg
    1436355596798.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 71
:) I thought so too. Then I caught Alvin stealing the algae waffer from my snail! Big bully!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why does it have to be underwater? Just set a webcam up against a tank wall to watch them. Heck, it would even look like it's underwater if it's close enough and the tank is clean.

I use a Canon D10 underwater camera to shoot inside the tank. It also takes videos. This is the same camera I take on shallow dives. It's a simple point and shoot camera that requires no special training. They have since upgraded this model (I think the D30 is out now which is good to 80 feet), but even if you find my old model on Ebay or something, it's plenty good for decent pics and videos.

Back
Top Bottom