Upgrading my lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank is 20 gallons long, i have a hood (plastic) and stock light from petco. Stock list includes 2 clowns
royal gramma
longnose hawkfish
some mushroom corals
i would like to upgrade my lighting to get some more corals
so i believe to do this i need to get a glass top
i have a filter and heater so does the gass top come with cut outs
so where would i get a glass top?
now to lighting
to get a decent amount of corals, what type of fixture and light am i looking at.
i would like this to be affordable.
Thanks in advance to all, have a nice day.

should my light fixture be as long as the tank?

Preferably, yes. The 30" still uses 24" bulbs but it will look much nicer and it will illuminate the tank better in my opinion. :)

is that the right fixture and does it come with bulbs, sorry im a bit confused

how many bulbs do i need, can the fixture go directly on top of the glass?

would these be considered low moderate or high? sorry i have a lot of questions

Haha nope they comes with brackets so they sit a few inches off the top. You can keep Lps an softies with that:D an good choice with the angel. There are tons of other beautiful fish out there:)

Haha nope they comes with brackets so they sit a few inches off the top. You can keep Lps an softies with that:D an good choice with the angel. There are tons of other beautiful fish out there:)

which cheap lights would you reccomend and what centerpiece fish would you reccomend?

The fishneedit are the best for the price. And look into purple firefish and cardinals.

are those bulbs good or do i need to replace them?

First off what is white, it comes with atinic so wouldnt i just need to replace the white bulbs with the 100000k's
also can i lay it straight on the glass top??

Back
Top Bottom