What do you think of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It *seems* like a good idea, but frankly, i just don't trust things that I don't know about. I like the visitherms myself, or my newest toy, the Hydor ETH heater! I highly recommend that one.

As for the amount of heater wattage, what size tank do you have?

Hydor ETH heater looks pretty cool, but I would have to do some cutting on my output hose.
The visitherms don't come in titanium.

I'm done trying to sync two heaters in one tank. I could never get more than one to turn on.
After about 4 months I took the second one out,it was just to much trouble.

The next heater I get will be in-line.

I'm done trying to sync two heaters in one tank.

I was under the impression they have internal thermometers and both don't really run all the time, is that incorrect?

Yes, thats correct...but why have two if only one ever runs?

I just couldn't get the temp set close enough so that when heat was needed both would turn on.

but why have two if only one ever runs?

I believe most use two for redundancy, in the case of a failure...At least that is my intention.

I think most here recommend 5 watts per gallon, so you would want a 200, or 300 watt in that case.

My heaters also had internal controls which made the adjustments a pain. The two heater thing may be doable with external controls.

I have them both set to 78 right now. They both have an internal thermometer, and seem to be working great. Sometimes they both are on but most of the time only one is running and will cut off. They have a heater temp digital display that shows what the heater is putting out. My temp has stayed a stable at 78.1-78.4. The only problem with these are there are no instructions. So far, I am happy.

I have a few and have been happy with them...however, I have had one that failed to auto shut-off (as they are supposed to) when the water dropped below the heater.

This is probably too late, but for submersibles, I've heard Won brothers Pro 2 is the best. The Hydor I can personally say is the best of all. I've got an ETH 201 that keeps the temp to within .4 degrees. Heats water evenly,acccurately.

I also would highly recommend the Hydor ETH heater for anyone getting a canister filter. I have one hooked up to my Filstar xP1 and it is great. The temperature is stable and the tank is unobstructed. As far as submersibles go, I have Tronics in all of my tanks. I like them because of the optional heater guards that protect the heaters and fish. If I were to buy a new submersible heater now it would probably be the Visi-Therm Stealth. I've seen those get the most positive reviews of any heater out there.

Back
Top Bottom