what size show tank warrants a sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sooju

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to upgrade my 26G SW to the 70-100 gallon range. At what size tank do you really need a sump? I'm combing through craigslist and ebay every day and I've seem some possibilities but most of them aren't set up with an overflow or predrilled. Is it hard to add an overflow after the fact?

I'm looking to upgrade my 26G SW to the 70-100 gallon range. At what size tank do you really need a sump? I'm combing through craigslist and ebay every day and I've seem some possibilities but most of them aren't set up with an overflow or predrilled. Is it hard to add an overflow after the fact?
A sump is not really needed but it does make life easier and the tank view less cluttered So I guess to anwer your question there is not set answer.

I think Fiji hit the nail on the head. Having a sump does make things much easier. It gets all that equipment out of your display and provides for easier PWCs. I have seen people with larger sumps then display tanks so it's all up to how you want to set your system up.

Back
Top Bottom