whisper 40 filter just stopped!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anyone know why or how I can fix this? It happened with the last one but I figured it was because the last owner had it too long (I was given turtle w/tank).

tap the intake tube. if that doesnt do it, pull on the piece that holds the intake tube and the impeller. Next would be to pull the filter out of the tank and give it a good cleaning.

tap the intake tube. if that doesnt do it, pull on the piece that holds the intake tube and the impeller. Next would be to pull the filter out of the tank and give it a good cleaning.

+1. What kind of substratre do you have? I have Pool Filter Sand in my 5 and the stupid filter gets clogged all the time. I have to take it apart and rinse the impeller out. Try to keep your filter media wet though, so you don't kill off your BB (beneficial bacteria). You can also wrap a sponge around the intake with a rubber band or get a prefilter.

Clean the impeller!!

I have Aqua Clear filters, but everytime I change the charcoal I clean the ENTIRE filter assembly. I've found that cleaning the impeller is really important. you'd be surprised how much gunk gets in there!!

Back
Top Bottom