Wisper heater probs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikalicious209

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought a wisper 30 to 60g rated heater for my 33g set up. The light comes on to let me knoit is working, but it won't stay on for a min and once its out it won't turn on for skor 10 mins, and then pop on not even long enough to get the coils glowing. It is cold to the touch and there are warnings not to touch it so i assumed out should be hot!:confused:. The water itself is cold, dont have a thermometer, but I'm pretty sure we arr in the low 70s or even 60s. I followed all the instructions and still won't work. Anyone else have the same problem that can shed some light on wtf is going on? And what should I do going forward. Ps, brand new, out of box when put in the tank for the 15 mins it said to leave it unplugged, still have sales reciept ?sp lol. So Return or exchange is def an option.:banghead:

Is a submersible heater btw and I have tried both ways(horizontal and verticle) with much the same results.

Mikalicious209 said:
Just bought a wisper 30 to 60g rated heater for my 33g set up. The light comes on to let me knoit is working, but it won't stay on for a min and once its out it won't turn on for skor 10 mins, and then pop on not even long enough to get the coils glowing. It is cold to the touch and there are warnings not to touch it so i assumed out should be hot!:confused:. The water itself is cold, dont have a thermometer, but I'm pretty sure we arr in the low 70s or even 60s. I followed all the instructions and still won't work. Anyone else have the same problem that can shed some light on wtf is going on? And what should I do going forward. Ps, brand new, out of box when put in the tank for the 15 mins it said to leave it unplugged, still have sales reciept ?sp lol. So Return or exchange is def an option.:banghead:

I don't have any experience with the Tetra heaters, but I can tell you the Aqueon Pro models work very well. When putting an electrical device in water, it's the one place where I won't cut corners.

Back
Top Bottom