Wrought iron stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, i tried to get the '69 camaro ss for the same price, the old lady wouldnt let that go. up until then i thought things like that were only in the movies, but she had a mint condition dark blue '69 camaro ss, white stripe across the hood and fenders, only had 1500 miles on it. so the oak should do fine without plywood then im assuming... im just waiting on somebody to post pictures step by step of building a stand

Yeah, i tried to get the '69 camaro ss for the same price, the old lady wouldnt let that go. up until then i thought things like that were only in the movies, but she had a mint condition dark blue '69 camaro ss, white stripe across the hood and fenders, only had 1500 miles on it. so the oak should do fine without plywood then im assuming... im just waiting on somebody to post pictures step by step of building a stand
That would have been a great freebie lol. When I do mine I'll do a step by step.
proper coatings can be scratched, chipped, worn down and penetrated. only a matter of time.

that oak will make a very nice strong stand.
A good finish taken care of good can last very well.

i was thinking about just sanding it down and staining it with some beautiful cherry colored stain i found in my dads workshop, and then going over it with some polyuerethane that we have, similar to the stuff they put on gymnasium floors... i took a hammer to it once and it didnt dent it at all... should hold up good...

i was thinking about just sanding it down and staining it with some beautiful cherry colored stain i found in my dads workshop, and then going over it with some polyuerethane that we have, similar to the stuff they put on gymnasium floors... i took a hammer to it once and it didnt dent it at all... should hold up good...
Sounds like a plan.

Im excited to see your plans... right now i have a 2x4 stand under one of my 55's that kind of scares me, it is literally a 2x4 rectangle, 4 legs, bolted to another 4x4 retangle at the bottom... doesnt seem very sturdy, no center supports or anything... i cant complain though, i got the tank, stand, filter, lights, and some decor for $20 on craigslist... the most i have spent is $50 and it was on a NICE almost new 55 with a nice hommade cedar stand... i have around $150 in everything including my fluval 305, 405, tanks, stands, filters, lights, fish, food, chemicals, testing kit, etc... i have gotten all but a few of my fish free from craigslist as well... ive gotten so used to not spending money on stuff, i just feel like i have to build my own stand (not to mention the fact that ill make it twice as strong as one i could buy)

Im excited to see your plans... right now i have a 2x4 stand under one of my 55's that kind of scares me, it is literally a 2x4 rectangle, 4 legs, bolted to another 4x4 retangle at the bottom... doesnt seem very sturdy, no center supports or anything... i cant complain though, i got the tank, stand, filter, lights, and some decor for $20 on craigslist... the most i have spent is $50 and it was on a NICE almost new 55 with a nice hommade cedar stand... i have around $150 in everything including my fluval 305, 405, tanks, stands, filters, lights, fish, food, chemicals, testing kit, etc... i have gotten all but a few of my fish free from craigslist as well... ive gotten so used to not spending money on stuff, i just feel like i have to build my own stand (not to mention the fact that ill make it twice as strong as one i could buy)
Sounds like you got a deal and a half on your stuff. I'm going to start planning the stand tonight should be able to start the build by this weekend.

awesome.. and once you get them up, ill send pics of mine along the way, though it may be a while before i get the time to start it... appreciate the help...

Back
Top Bottom