Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I split it I can mail you some if you are willing to pay for postage.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd love to do that. It would be much appreciated but unfortunately over in Western Australia :(

I'm very tempted on these. Fairly fed up with pruning fast growing stem plants and val each week! (never thought I'd say that).

I'd love to do that. It would be much appreciated but unfortunately over in Western Australia :(

I'm very tempted on these. Fairly fed up with pruning fast growing stem plants and val each week! (never thought I'd say that).

Oh! I'm sure you can buy locally much cheaper than these would ship for. And pretty sure it might be a no no to even send them. Lol

Oh! I'm sure you can buy locally much cheaper than these would ship for. And pretty sure it might be a no no to even send them. Lol

:) They are pretty strict as we are fairly isolated. Even getting stuff from Eastern Australia to Western Australia is hard for fish and a lot of paperwork for plants. There is a guy that does native plants in Northern Australia but too much work to ship here. Oh well.

OMG one survived! I thought all of them had been eaten. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467686840.008930.jpg

Nappy time in the Anubis tree...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467742370.074233.jpg

TMaier, I love your betta! He's so funny. :) I can't wait until I transfer all my fish over. I have an anubias plant, so I'm hoping my red betta will enjoy it. I am going to test parameters this evening and see how we look in the tank.

What kind of plant are you using for the loaches? They seem very happy. :)

TMaier, I love your betta! He's so funny. :) I can't wait until I transfer all my fish over. I have an anubias plant, so I'm hoping my red betta will enjoy it. I am going to test parameters this evening and see how we look in the tank.

What kind of plant are you using for the loaches? They seem very happy. :)

Thank you!

My khuli's are currently pouting. I moved their cave from the left to the center. But when not in the cave they love any good size plant to hang in. Java fern, Anubis and the thicker mosses the wiggle into.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467760686.883367.jpg

Here is the cavern. A favorite hang out under the Java fern.

Oh very nice! I hope they don't pout too long... especially when they realize it'll be better for everyone where you put it. :D

I meant to ask earlier... how do you grow plants in glass???

Oh very nice! I hope they don't pout too long... especially when they realize it'll be better for everyone where you put it. :D

I meant to ask earlier... how do you grow plants in glass???

Long story... I had an inert substrate but my ph and ppm were really high even with wood in the tank. And it wasn't from the tap.
I pulled out the substrate and added glass about a year ago. Water has been stable once then. So inert wasn't as inert as claimed.

I only had the Anubis and Java for a long time and on a whim about 3 months ago I added a few plants with root tabs. So far they are doing fine.

The large size allows me to vacuum without having to tear things up. So while I am not getting it too clean it seems to be leaving enough nutrients for the plants. But my nitrates are not out of control.

I have been photographing the tank weekly just to see clear shifts in growth/decline etc.

Soon after this post I put on my glasses and realized I had brown crud in my tank. My nitrates have been creeping up on me so this is what I get for not nipping that in the bud.

Took out the plants and treated with peroxide. Time for new root tabs. Really stirred up the glass and vacuumed. 50% PWC. Put it all back together and added some nerites. Also reduced my lighting hours.

Before
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468156210.087745.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468156222.137691.jpg

Now
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468156335.526781.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468156399.062371.jpg

And Blue looking awesome as ever. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468156424.766740.jpg

I must have missed this thread. That Betta is something special.

He knows he's awesome. He was stuck in a cup at Petsmart and I had to bring him home.

I created this thread to keep track of how things progress/degrees.

I caught this snail sleeping in this morning. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468173632.825599.jpg

Yes 2 species but I don't know the specifics. 2 are black and thinner / smaller than my 3 striped ones that are just huge.

Oh and I thought I had 2 of the stripped kuhli's. But when I did my deep clean this weekend I found a third that had been MIA since April. Very shy and never comes out.

Back
Top Bottom