My 29 Freshwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kamek909

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407734646.642913.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407734826.628636.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407735466.673258.jpg

I have a 29 gallon tank. It has a marineland emperor 400 bio wheel power filter pro series, marineland double bright LED light, took off the heater for now because its hot and the temperature is fine (heater isnt adjustable but will replace it with one that can), and i use prime for water changes. My fish stock is currently:

2 Mollies
3 Neon Tetras (will get more once i go to the pet shop)
3 Tetras (not sure which kind but they have orange and black on their tail fin and their silver)
1 Algae Eater
2 Zebra Danios
1 Blue Dwarf Gourami

What other fish should i add? Maybe some that can keep the tank clean? Some that are colorful?

What kind of live plants should i get? I have little river rocks as a substrate, is there any plants that can live off this substrate? Or should i change the substrate?

I put the background using vaseline. It was my first time trying it out and it looks better than i thought! Way better than using tape on the sides. I also cut the intake tube to make it fit well in the tank.

Firstly once you get each tetra school to 5-6 each. Maybe consider some oto cats or nerites snails. Get another gourami or two, aim for females. add another tetra school too maybe some Rummynoses or red serpaes.

Back
Top Bottom