Rate My River Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crqwdaddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for feedback on making a better riverine habitat in my tank.DSCF0690 (320x180).jpg

Do you have any recommendations for low light tanks that are within my temperature parameters? I am wanting to upgrade my lighting system, but unfortunately I cannot afford the upgrade. I have 2-15 watt Regular output T8 aquarium lamps and my temperature parameters are b/w 69 and 72 degrees. Most of the mosses I have looked at do not seem to fall within those parameters.

Moss is definitely the way to go to get that natural feel finished off. Everything so far looks great. Are you keeping any fish in there?

The Orangethroat is awesome

Thanks. I love these fish. They are very curious little fish without swim bladders. They hangout on the bottom, and use the pelvic fins like hands (which is how they can hang on to the substrate in a riffles: moderate to high flow velocity river habitat). They are very fast in short distances, and move like little cheetah's in water (which make the a challenge to catch).

crqwdaddy said:
Thanks. I love these fish. They are very curious little fish without swim bladders. They hangout on the bottom, and use the pelvic fins like hands (which is how they can hang on to the substrate in a riffles: moderate to high flow velocity river habitat). They are very fast in short distances, and move like little cheetah's in water (which make the a challenge to catch).

Wow that's interesting reallythat they don't have swim bladders

Back
Top Bottom