300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404078136.242315.jpg

I think this photo shows the proper placement of various corals to best suit their light needs.

At the top is a tabling acro and some other polyps. All the way down to the green leather at the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

beautiful is right no wonder I get so jealous looking at every ones tank lol
whats that grassy stuff is that maidens hair
I've been wanting some of that to work around the base of the rocks
but all I ever find is tiny little pieces
attachment.php

It's plain old green star polyps. If you were nearby, I would fix you up. Grows like crazy. I sometimes use it as a barrier between other aggressive species.

Your blue tang seems to love taking pics lol

It's hard to get a picture without him in it. Beautiful fish, but he's getting big and aggressive fast. He has beaten up my triggerfish so bad he has stopped eating.

Last edited:
It's hard to get a picture without him in it. Beautiful fish, but he's getting big and aggressive fast. He has beaten up my triggerfish so bad he has stopped eating.

Wave a bottle of tartar sauce in front of him ,maybe that'll snap him back into reality .

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405398654.788547.jpg

Midnight starfish

11:30pm

Facebook goes ping and a buddy of mine who doesn't sleep either tells me he has finally captured a starfish I bought from him a month ago. So I guess it will be a late night.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405399287.093222.jpg

On a quiet summer night, the starfish guy (we'll call him Ike, cause that's his name) meets me in the dark street and hands me a suspicious bag. The neighbors are sure it's a blatant drug exchange. Almost makes me wish they called the cops and I would be caught red handed. Well, with a starfish at least. Don't think they are illegal in Missouri, but who knows anymore. You can't smoke them, they won't stay lit. At least that's what I'm told.

Late night, drip drip.

Last edited:
Lmao,...Sounds kinda like the "flo " progressive insurance commercial,...where she 's hiding in the shadows ,.." We can see you "., no you can't,...
That star is a monster,..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405427819.930229.jpg,...here's a picture of a few buddies that I added a week or so back

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That looks like mine. It always amazes me how they can grab food with such accuracy with no eyes.

After years and years of happy cohabitation, two of my yellow tangs have decided to try to kill the third one. Is it possible that two of them are pairing up? Trying mirror trick, no go, it is a relentless attack. I doubt I can catch the one under attack. At least they are all fit, maybe it will settle down.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

View attachment 243213

Midnight starfish

11:30pm

Facebook goes ping and a buddy of mine who doesn't sleep either tells me he has finally captured a starfish I bought from him a month ago. So I guess it will be a late night.

wow Greg ,
That star is huge :eek: I thought my grey one was big that thing is like king Kong compared to mine lol

I always was under the impression the green ones ate fish and always keep them out of the tank

img_2991967_0_0e9b06d9790c546636f498b63921fc83.jpg

Back
Top Bottom