First Saltwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techeducator

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First, thanks to all for the great reading. I've thoroughly read through all of the forums here and on other sites.

75 Gallon tank currently cloudy as heck after adding a mixture of Caribsea Seafloor Special, some great Fiji Pink I picked up at my LFS. Live rock rubble just for seeding also added.

Oceanic sump underneath with a MRC Beckett style (not running right now). 8 bulb light with a mixture of 10,000k and Actinic lights.

Salinity is around 1.022
Temp is around 78

Patiently waiting out the cycle.

Good luck and welcome to the most frustrating and gratifying hobby ever. Are you going to do a fish only or reef? Post pics as you go along...we salties love to look and drool over other people's tanks!

Welcome to AA and please post pictures so we can follow along. I have a 75 gallon and look forward to following the progress on your build. Any stocking plans? You can also use ammonia to speed up the cycle process - it worked great for me (on my second tank) - I wish someone would have told me about it when I started!

Back
Top Bottom