My 120 reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They started on the sand bed like all my corals and got moved up. They seem to like where they are at.

image-1022282995.jpg

So I picked up a new fish on the way home from work. Acclimating now.

image-2777839472.jpg

Absolutely stunning!!! Incredible job. How long did this take from initial thought to ending result? ( and $$ ). It seems quite terrifying to me. I am a boring FW guy :)

The tank as shown is actually the 58 gallon that I had set up combined with the 120 gallon that i picked up about 2 months ago. I started the 58 about 6 years ago when the wife and i lived in Florida and when we moved it came with me minus the livestock and corals. It actually "cycled" for 6 months after the move partially because I wasn't sure if I would go reef again and partially because i wanted to upgrade most of my equipment before starting again.

Almost all of the coral started as frags so the coral hasn't really cost that much (I have a friend in town with a reef tank and we swap frags all the time). I am lucky that the wife loves the tank cause it reminds her of home so i really get some "grey area" when I want to spend money on it. Many of the fish came from the LFS and didn't cost much cause I'm always taking in frags for store credit. I don't have an actual cost breakdown (probably a good thing) but if I was to guess I would say somewhere between 6k and 7k.

So it's been a while since any tank updates. Just got back from the lfs with a few new additions. 3 SI Kenya Anthias, a great looking war coral, fire and ice zoas and a small frag of purple and yellow zoas. Fish are dripping and coral pics will be up shortly.

War coral

image-883821982.jpg

Fire and ice zoas

image-3000760619.jpg

Also put in my order for a pair of SA extreme black ice clowns. Should have them in about 3 weeks.

Thanks. Will post a fts in the am when the lights are back on

Added my new fish today after 3 weeks in qt.

image-290034129.jpg

I have to say they are my new favorites.

Beengirl said:
Beautiful!! :) are those anthias?

Yeah I got them about a month ago from SI. Wish I had a bigger tank so I could add a few more.

Back
Top Bottom