This thread shall mark my progress though my 40gal breeder build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

User

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This thread shall mark my progress though my 40gal breeder build. I already have quite a bit of information down thanks to Mr_X, Spideybry, and a few other people. This thread will also condense what information I have gathered.

Lighting:

-AI Sol Super Blue + Controller + Hanging Equipment

OR

-AI Phoenix (or Flare) + Controller + Hanging Equipment

Tank Setup:

-40 gal Display Tank + 20 Sump Coast to Coast Overflow

I plan to have a protein skimmer, rock, a deep sandbed, return pump, and possibly a calcium reactor as well.

Fish:

-4 or 5 Blue/Green Chromis to start

-Reef Safe Wrasse

Coral:

LPS:

-Acans, maybe some lords

-Blastomussa

-Lobophyllia

-Oulophyllia Deep Walled Brain Coral

-Chalices

SPS:

-ORA Hyacinth Birdsnest

-Some types of Acropora

-Seriatopora "Bird of Paradise"

-Euphyllia Hammer Coral

Soft:

-Green Lantern Zoa

-Pipe Organ Coral

-Pink Zoa

-Maybe some Ricordia...

Inverts:

-CUC

-Maybe a pistol shrimp

-Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

-Pom Pom Crab

-Fire Shrimp maybe

-Maxima or Squamosa Clam

Stand:

-Need to build one. It will be a black color.

Below is a crude diagram of how it will look possibly/work. This tank will not be setup until the spring. I am doing my research now so I can set it up quickly then and without problems.

Thanks for looking!

Wow! Great job of planning. I started out with little idea of what I was doing and had to learn on the fly. Of course when you do that it seems you keep repeating "Man, I wish I had.....". LOL Looking forward to watching this one come together. :)

Wow! Great job of planning. I started out with little idea of what I was doing and had to learn on the fly. Of course when you do that it seems you keep repeating "Man, I wish I had.....". LOL Looking forward to watching this one come together. :)

Thanks! I hoped to cut down on possible confusion when I start getting this together. I did that with my ten gal originally and it caused me too much stress lol

following. im trying to read every 40 breeder sw thread i come across.

I hope this may be useful!

Edit: It seems as though my thread title was changed as well. Oh well I liked 40 while it lasted.

I changed it to a title that will be better. Better titles have a good chance to be picked up by search engines out on the internet. That`s good for you and the site. Thanks for understanding.

I changed it to a title that will be better. Better titles have a good chance to be picked up by search engines out on the internet. That`s good for you and the site. Thanks for understanding.

I did not realize that. Thanks again! I like what it was changed to as well.

Back
Top Bottom