Angelfish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly5978

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 5 adolescent angelfish in a 55g. The water is probably not soft enough to breed, but I wanted some insight into the process. All the angels hang out together, then all of a sudden realize they're space has been invaded, and nip each other away. Lol. EXCEPT my two black angels. They NEVER nip each other. They swim together most of the time. In fact, my biggest silver angelfish nips them both every time she sees the 2 blacks near each other (I swear she likes like male and is jealous....she follows the male around harassing him, but he's just not interested!) Im pretty sure the two blacks are male/female. They don't lip lock or get territorial together. Should I wait to see if they are actually a pair before giving them there own tank and trying to breed them. Is there anything I could put in the main tank to provide enough territorial security that they would breed with other fish around? I had a lot of problems keeping my angels happy (thank you so much to mebbid, bob c, Andy, etc who helped me), so I really appreciate and love these guys, and would love to see them reproduce. Is there anything I can do to help them along? I've heard angelfish are difficult, so advise is welcome! I've successfully bred cichlids (different tank), but they aren't as particular about water. Thanks for any tips.

im watching to see what a few people say then ill throw my 2 cents worth in. theres a new guy in the picture thats breed angels for a while. his name is grandpa on here. and im sure andy will chime in soon. pm me and let me know whats happening . i got a bad cold and dont feel like typing lol.

Thanks, I feel like I stept on peoples toes. The one thing I know is never stand where you are not wanted. Good by All!

Grandpa?!? Weird response. Bob s the nicest guy, reread what he said & not sure how u got something negative out of it. He also said he wasn t feeling good . I m sure your opinion would be very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom