angelfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if i buy large angelfish will they still pair up aslong as theres males and females?

There are a couple of downsides to buying larger Angels for breeding. 1- They may already be too old to breed. (Size is no longer a reliable way of telling age.)
2-They may have been part of a breeding pair already and may not be interested in another mate. Not all males and females will breed with just any male or female.
3- They may have had bad experiences with breeding before so will show no interest.

The best/ quicker way I've found, to get a breeding pair, besides buying a mated pair, is to get multiple "young Breeder" sized fish and let them pair themselves off. As stated before, there are no guarantees but since they will be of the age that breeding will be high on their "Things to do" list, they will be more receptive to a suitable mate as long as the water parameters, tank space and diet are all conducive for breeding.

Hope this helps(y)

yeah i have bought 6 young angelfish already . i was just wondering if i was to buy larger angelfish thats all :)

thanks for replys guys that why people use this site

Back
Top Bottom