Barb's Angelfish Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there are more than 2 or 3 fry, I'd be doing a small water change every day or 2 days as decaying food (or post digested food ;)) will quickly sour that small amount of water. (y)

I've been doing water changes in 5.5 tank every other day. It seems to be working out fine. The 2 20 gallon tanks I'm doing water changes every 3 or 4 days. That also seems to be working out very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I pulled a spawn from the silver female and the marble male and put them into a small tank until they became wigglers which they did yesterday then I moved them into the jar in the 20 gallon tank.

The spawn that is in the 5.5 gallon that's from my pearlscale female and smokey Male I plan on moving them into a 13 gallon widescreen tank that I have set up in the basement as soon as it's ready in a week or so.

I have chocolate smokey female that I would love to get a spawn from but every time she lays eggs she eats them.

I ordered some decapsulated brine shrimp eggs.

This may be a stupid question but if it's says "eggs" does it mean you hatch them?

I'm just trying to distinguish between the hatching and non-hatching brine shrimp. Is one better than the other?

Ok I found out that the ones I ordered are non hatching. Ok now do I just sprinkle some in the water or do I have to mix with water first before I feed the babies.

Ok I found out that the ones I ordered are non hatching. Ok now do I just sprinkle some in the water or do I have to mix with water first before I feed the babies.

If the fry aren't coming to the surface yet for food, I'd put the eggs in some water and use a turkey baster to blow them into the tank. This way, they will have some motion to them which will entice the fry to eat them. If they are already coming to the surface, you can sprinkle a little in the tank directly and they should come up to eat it. (y)

Thanks Andy. The fry are not yet coming up to the surface to eat yet so I will give the turkey Baster a try. The 3 older ones (about pea size) from my first Batch hang out around the bottom of the tank. I have about 3 dozen or so from the second batch that are almost all sprouting their fins. My third batch of about 4 to 5 dozen just became free swimming on Thursday. The parents are cleaning the slate again so I'm expecting another spawn soon.

I definitely agree. I'm guessing it will stop at some point.

Yes, after about 3+ years and...... lets do the math:blink::an average 3 spawns per month x 24 months= 72 spawns + an average 1 spawn per month for 12 months= 12 spawns + an average 1 spawn every 6 months = 6 spawns equaling an average of 72+12+6=90 to 100 spawns in a lifetime.
That's a lot of spawns. :whistle::facepalm::lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok does anyone know what this is on my female blue ghost pearlscale. I thought it might be gill flukes but I'm not sure.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473623932.699110.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473623950.234903.jpg

Which are you talking about the white thing by the mouth on the bottom pic or the black thing by the noes on the top pic? They look like 2 different things

Sorry for the delay Andy. I was concerned about the side fins the ones they use to fan the babies. If you see something else please let me know. Thank you.

Which are you talking about the white thing by the mouth on the bottom pic or the black thing by the noes on the top pic? They look like 2 different things

The piece by the mouth is some of what is on her fins with little black Dots on it as well.

The silver female and marble male spawned again. This is the 3rd spawn from them. They just became wigglers yesterday. I moved them into the jar after I moved their second spawn out of the jar and into the 5.5 gallon tank.

I arrived home today to find the whole spawn I just moved into the 5.5 gallon yesterday is all dead. Very frustrated ?and hear broken?. I have no idea what happened. I did a pwc on the tank just before I moved them. I did have to rinse the sponge because it seemed to be clogged bubbles were coming out of the sponge. I used dechlorinated fresh water. I'm just at a loss ?. They were fine last night at bedtime and this morning.

Back
Top Bottom